• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
 

Food From the Sea

I'm the dunce fisherman of my family. My grandfather had a bait and tackle shop in San Francisco in the early 1900s (and made bamboo fishing rods), my dad was a fresh and salt water fisherman, my brother Bob has for years had a Double-ended Monterey, my brother Carl fished commercially for a while. And me -- I guess I just don't have the patience -- if they're not biting, I'm outta there.
 
 BUT I'm trying to increase my seafood intake. Saturday went on long beach walk with my buddy Jack Fulton, picked up some mussels (had for dinner last night). Jack shot this pic of me heading out to the mussels.
   Then last night I managed to catch 4 eels and now I'm gonna prepare them to be smoked tomorrow.
   It's, um,  possible I've said all this before -- ah, me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lloyd, Curious what you think about the risk of increased radioactive contamination of the pacific food chain given the leaking Fukishima reactor?

Howard Taylor Taylor said...

I talked to some Nurses who worked in Hawaii. The were buying Zeolite.Zeolite traps heavy metals and radiation. They said the government is not reporting the massive increase in radiation ln Hawaii. They were returning to states event thought they could make twice as much money in Hawaii. They also were buying iodine.

Anonymous said...

don't have the links, but fairly recently came accross several research articles which all said that broccoli sprouts (in particular), broccoli, brussel sprouts, all contained naturally occuring chemical (DIM?) which significantly reduced damage from any radiation exposure.

time to start eating those greens. especially those broccoli sprouts.

Anonymous said...

good for you Lloyd, eating "fresh". suspect you are way healthier than most, because of your healthy eating.

nice to see bits of your exploits.

Rachel Tomassone said...

I am also wondering about the radiation issue. I haven't heard too much about it......

nanjak said...

" It's, um, possible I've said all this before -- ah, me."
classic. welcome to elderhood. I love your blog, Lloyd.

Post a Comment